Skip to main content

How The Inuit Keep Their Cool

Keeping their cool. Get it?
I call this blog 'Avoiding The Snarl' because two things make both real estate and raising an autistic kid pretty tough. Anger. And complicated shit.

Put those two together and it's hard not to blow your top.

So I came across this article by Michaeleen Doucleff on NPR's site about the way Inuit people raise their kids. I intuitively do a lot of the things the article talks about and I think that's one of the reasons my son and I are so tight, but reading the article makes me realize I could do better, and not just with my son. With my daughter. With my friends. With my ex. With my clients.

Anyway, here's a link to the article. Hope it helps.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/03/13/685533353/a-playful-way-to-teach-kids-to-control-their-anger

If you want to talk, give me a call. I promise not to yell. You can reach me by phone at 310 854 2458 or at my very fancy new email address, BrianYourFavoriteRealtor (at) gmail (dot) com.

Comments